Wednesday 24 February 2016

My Makeup Collection: Highlight and Contour

Although this series has taken a bit of a back seat with all the christmassy posts that went on at the end of last year, it is back in full swing with the rest of my makeup collection coming up over the next few weeks! Out of all the products in my makeup collection, bronzers and highlighters have to be the latest editions. Until the back end of 2014, I hadn't heard of highlighters and I avoided bronzers like the plague thinking they'd all make me look completely orange! Although I don't have many of either, what I do have get used on a daily basis, where I mix and match depending on what other makeup products I'm wearing. As I don't have too many of either, I have combined them into one post, and unlike the rest of the series, I will talk about each of the products instead of just my favourites. 

In the run up to Christmas 2014 I bought a little trio of Benefit sample size products to try, and I fell in love with all of them. One of the items in the trio was the Benefit Hoola Bronzer (my first ever bronzer). I immediately fell in love with it and I wear it on a regular basis now. I thought maybe I'd given bronzers a bit of a hard time and so I took to Twitter to see what people recommended for those just starting out with them. A few people mentioned the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow Face Sculpt and Highlight and I decided to go for it after reading the incredibly reviews! I won't go into too much detail as I'm pretty sure have a separate post dedicated to it, but the powders are so buttery and blend really well! I'm still sort of angry at myself for spending so much money on it, but I certainly have got a lot of use out of it and love wearing it!

As for highlight, I have a couple more to choose from on a day-to-day basis. If I'm feeling super lazy and can't be bothered to rummage through drawers to find what I want, I'll just use the Charlotte Tilbury duo as it has both a highlighter and a bronzer in one. I must say that the highlighter is one of the best highlighters I have ever used. To say it's a powder it leaves a gorgeous dewy finish and doesn't look at all caked on! A highlighter that definitely isn't cakey, is the NARS Illuminator in Copacabana. It is a liquid highlighter and one of my favourites for a night out - giving that natural finish whilst still saying ‘hello I’m here’. It isn't one of the cheapest options out there (although it lasts forever!) so if you're on more a limited budget you may want to take a look at the No7 Skin Illuminator Radiance Boosting Beauty Fluid which is a good dupe at an even better price.  Being creamy textures you can easily blend it out, but for me these are more of a daytime highlight as they look a lot more natural.

And finally, the Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminizing Powder, which I haven't really used in a while. It was one of the first highlighters that I bought, and at the time I thought it was amazing. But since trying a few others I've neglected it, and although I'll end up using up - I probably won't repurchase it in the near future.

Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig