Sunday 7 February 2016

My Makeup Collection: The Brows

Eyebrows. The bane of pretty much every beauty maven's life. And to be completely honest, I'm not that bothered about mine. The colour is alright, they aren't at all sparse or patchy, and they have a naturally decent shape (even if they don't match each other). Even though I usually go without filling them in, when I have a little extra time or I'm wearing a look that leaves my eyebrows looking a little lost, I do have a few staple products that leave my brows looking beautiful. 

Ever since I started filling my brows in around 2013/14(?), I've used the bottom shade from the Boots No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow Palette in Good Earth. I just found that it was the perfect match for my hair colour, and it was sort of a 'my brows but better' kind of product. I use it with the Real Techniques Eyeliner brush or the Lottie London eyeliner brush (pale pink handle). As you can sort of see from the photo, I've hit pan on the bottom shade so I have been mixing up what I use when I go to fill in my brows. This was the only brow product I had in my makeup collection until around the back end of last year where I was sent a couple of brow products to review. The first one I was sent had a very brief mention in 'My First Experience With False Eyelashes' post at the start of last month as I was sent it alongside some false eyelashes. The Illuminata Brow Pencil from Threads*, has become regularly used over the last couple of months. When I first opened up the product I was like 'oh.. it's black, that's never going to match' but I was surprised when it did perfectly! I want to say that it adapts to match your eyebrows (I could be completely and utterly wrong there), as I believe that was said in the press pack. One thing I can definitely remember was that the pencil is waterproof so your brows don't melt away throughout the day, this is useful for those who workout, go swimming, and for those who simply sweat a lot! As far as I know it is exclusive to Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge, but I assume they will roll out and become more available across the UK soon. 

And finally! One of my new found favourite products is the Hi Impact Brows palette*. I'm not exactly sure where you can pick this up other than here, but I think it may be available in Sephora for those of you lucky enough to have them in your country. I really love this as the powders are so blendable and you can easily mix them together to create the perfect shade for your brows. The palette also doubles up as an eyeshadow palette - which means it's great for travelling and on the go beauty!

Do you use anything to fill in your brows?
Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x

Follow
Facebook |  Twitter |  Instagram | Pinterest

___________

The Illuminata Brow Pencil (RRP £15), and the Hi Impact Brows palette (RRP £18.99) were kindly sent to me by Harvey Nichols and Dee&Co Innovative Beauty for the purpose of a review. All thoughts are my own and you can read my full disclaimer policy here

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig