Wednesday 3 February 2016

January Favourites

How has January been and gone already? It only seems two minutes since we were popping open the bucks fizz at the start of the new year. But with the new year comes new beauty products, so there have been a few new bits I have been enjoying using - mainly skincare, but there has been a few other things (including a book) that I have loved throughout January!

First up is a skincare product that I have used at least once a week throughout January. I'd never tried an overnight face mask before, but I'd heard incredible things about it so picked it up halfway through December. The Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Face Mask, has become somewhat of a staple in my skincare routine, and even though my skin isn't dry - I am prone to dehydrated looking skin that refuses to absorb anything to help sort itself out. Whilst I have been using this on the regular I have noticed that my skin is a lot smoother and hydrated, so I think that it is worth checking out if you suffer with dry skin or if the winter weather is wreaking havoc on your face. One thing I don't like about it is the smell - it has that sort of fake fruit smell that I find quite sickly with regular usage, but I can look past it for the brilliant results! Another skincare item that has been working wonders on my skin is the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. This face oil feels so nourishing on the skin and it feels as though your are treating your skin to pamper evening without having to go through the effort of washing something off later on. I really want to get the daytime version to apply alongside it in the morning, but we'll have to see what my student budget will allow for in February. 

Last Sunday, my post talked about 'The Life Changing Magic of Tidying' book by Marie Kondo and how it had well and truly changed my life. Of course I had to include it in my favourites post for this month as it has well and truly been a favourite. Although I technically finished it at the start of the month, throughout the first week I was excited to pick it up and read another section, and the effects of reading it have lasted since picking it up at the end of December. It has changed my outlook on living and has made me kept my bedroom clean and tidy for an entire month!! That is absolutely unheard of for me and the only explanation must be this book! At the beginning of January a follow up book called 'Sparks Joy' was released by Marie, and I'm enjoying that just as much! 

For lips we'll start with  new NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams that have swept the UK like a storm over the last month or so. In my last post I mentioned that NYX has become more readily available in the UK and you can now buy it in Boots and on Feel Unique amongst a few other places. I picked up the shades Antwerp and Prague, and have been wearing them both quite regularly throughout January - but my favourite has to be the shade Prague as it's a gorgeous berry pink shade that is perfect for winter. They'd be ideal for those of you who like the idea of a matte finish but don't want anything to feel too dry on the lips, as they appear matte but feel incredibly creamy on the lips. There are tonnes of different shades available, and I absolutely love how they are all named after capital cities! I have also been enjoying wearing the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Love Liberty, and even though I mainly bought it to wear on Christmas Day, I have transitioned it though into the start of 2016. I adore the shade and will most definitely be wearing it regularly throughout the year! 

What have you been enjoying this month?
Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig