Tuesday 28 October 2014

REVIEW: The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

(I'm testing out new backgrounds for post photos, let me know what you think in the comments!)


I bought this in hope it was similar to the cleansing oil. I love the oil, but it is one of the most impractical things in the world when it comes to travelling. 
I have never thought about using cleansing balms or butters, but this particular one from The Body Shop has been on my radar for a while now. It retails at just £12, which for a cleansing butter is an absolute steal considering others (I'm looking at you Emma Hardie!) can be in excess of £30!

Removing my makeup at the end of a day is one of my favourite things to do (yes, I lead a very sad life), and this has made it even less of a chore! Described as an indulgent makeup remover suitable for the whole face, the butter aims to gently and efficiently melt away makeup, dirt and impurities, leaving your skin clean, refreshed and pampered. 
It is designed to be suitable for all skin types, however I suggest that if you have oily skin you may want to follow up with a cleanser specifically designed for your skin type. 

Personally, if I am wearing heavier makeup, I like to use a micellar water or a makeup wipe first to take off the excess makeup. I then go in with this to remove whats left. I just rub small amount in between my fingers and massage it into the skin. I then just run my hands under the tap to emulsify the balm so it's easier to manipulate. After that I take a wet muslin cloth to remove it slowly from my face and rinse with warm water. 

I love this product and it makes me feel pressured into experimenting with other cleansing balms to see how they compare. 




Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have never use this kind of products to remove my makeup :o but it sounds so interesting! Now I want to try it ^_^ I love the new background on your picture!
    http://itshalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You should try it out! I recommend this one as it is fairly cheap compared to others on the market x

      Delete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig