Tuesday 14 October 2014

Recipe: Healthy Vegetable Lasagne


(Warning - This post may make you incredibly hungry)
Today I bring you a slightly different post from the usual things I write about. 
If you didn't know, I love cooking and baking!
So I though whilst I was preparing dinner, I would take a few photos and write up my secret (not so secret anymore) recipe for vegetable lasagne. 



To serve 4 - You will need:
500g low fat cottage cheese
250g grated mild cheddar cheese
Tomato ketchup
1½ - 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
Basil, oregano (fresh or dried)
1 onion
5 sticks of celery
2 carrots
150g button mushrooms (any kind will do)
1 Broccoli 

Method!
To begin with, you will need to preheat your oven to 200ºC.

After preheating your oven, you will need to prepare and boil your vegetables in a pan of boiling water until soft. I boil my onions and mushrooms instead of frying as it makes them healthier when they are not coated in oil. 



Once your vegetables are cooked through, drain them (make sure they are fully drained or there will be a bit of water in the bottom of your lasagne) and add the chopped tomatoes. Stir and add the herbs and season to your liking. 
Layer up your lasagne, starting with sauce in order to cook the first layer of pasta. 

(Personally, I recommend the order - sauce, pasta, sauce, cottage cheese, pasta, sauce, cottage cheese, pasta, any remaining sauce, grated cheese) 

The reason this recipe is a 'healthy' vegetable lasagne, is because instead of using a high fat béchamel, it uses low fat cottage cheese. 


Place in the oven for 40 minutes (or until the pasta is cooked), serve and enjoy! :)
I liked to eat mine with lots of lovely salad, but you could serve it with chips, or just enjoy it by itself.


If you recreate my dish, tweet me a photo or tag me on Instagram!

Thanks for reading!

Love Charlotte x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm a sucker for veggie lasagna!! haven't done in soooo long!! your post made me want to try it again ^^ looks delicious!
    http://itshalo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! I made this the other day and ate it for about 3 days running! hahahaha! X

      Delete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig