Wednesday 11 January 2017

Creative Hobbies To Take Up

With the new year well under way, some of you may be looking for a new hobby to take up. Well, this post is for those of you looking for a more creative option. We all know that I fall in love with just about anything with even the slightest creative element, and I have many different hobbies that I like to do when I'm feeling a bit stressed. 
Colouring // I love that adult colouring books are having their time in the spotlight. I used to love colouring books as a child, but there obviously became a time where colouring in Disney princesses or Bob The Builder became a bit too easy. But the world of adult colouring books is ever expanding, with more challenging and complex designs being released every day. And for those of you who like to be more up to date, there are hundreds of apps on the market so you don't even have to carry around a book and pencils any more!

Calligraphy // Recently I have been enjoying experimenting with calligraphy. I'm pretty rubbish at the moment, but practice is practice! Last summer I picked up the Nib and Ink workbook and the Windsor and Newton calligraphy set, and now I have another hobby for when I don't quite feel like colouring!

Reading // Although reading may not seem as creative as some of the other hobbies mentioned here, losing yourself in a good book can hit refresh on your creativity button. Switch of the TV and pick up any book and see how far you get. You may be surprised at how relaxed you feel after even 20 minutes. 

Photography // You don't have to own fancy cameras and equipment to enjoy photography. Even a little point and shoot digital camera, or even a cheap disposable camera can fuel a love for photography. Go for a walk round your neighbourhood and photograph your route. You may have some beautiful images by the end of it, and you've even squeezed in a bit of exercise at the same time!

Knitting // Okay okay I know you're all thinking 'granny alert', but there is something fun about knitting. My grandma showed me the basics as a child, and I enjoyed it for a while, but I am in desperate need of a refresher course as I have pretty much forgotten everything she taught me. My youngest sister really enjoys knitting, and has made many scarves over the last few years. I remember once she was having so much fun, and she ended up knitting a 5m long scarf because she didn't want to stop! Ha!

Baking // I loooooove baking. Always have, always will. It's probably one of the only hobbies that I have always loved. I love nothing more than whipping something up in the kitchen on a weekend. Scones. Cake. Biscuits. Bread. Plus there is something so rewarding about eating something you've made yourself!

Scrapbooking // Over the summer I spent a ridiculous amount of time sorting and printing all my photos and arranging them into photo albums. It was one of those jobs that I had been putting off doing for months, but I finally sat myself down and got it all done and out of the way. I found it incredible relaxing and therapeutic. Plus getting to look through thousands of old photos was hilarious! Why not try printing some photos out and starting a little scrapbook? It doesn't have to be as major as my project, but it will help fill up some of your time!

What do you like to do in your free time?



Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig