Wednesday 7 October 2015

The Bloggers Blog Awards 2015

(Photo: C/O HelloApril)
Hello my lovely readers! After what seemed like a lifetime of waiting, last Saturday was (finally) the day of the Bloggers Blog Awards ceremony - organised by the lovely Hayley of Tea Party Beauty. I don't think I ever actually mentioned it here on my blog, but I was actually nominated in the Best Up and Coming Beauty Blogger category! Of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be in a room full of some of my favourite human beings, so I immediately RSPVd to the invite! 
(Photo: C/O HelloApril)
The event was held at Lamberts Yard in Leeds, and I've only recently found that this place existed! I really wanted to come and see the Humans Of Leeds exhibition when it was on earlier in the year - but I never got the chance! So I was delighted to hear that it was the venue! I met up with Lucy in the train station and together we managed to find it without much trouble, and when we arrived I was amazed by how beautiful the industrial decor was! We were offered Prosecco, but unfortunately for me I was driving (DAMN UK WITH THEIR NO DRINK DRIVING RULES LOL)  or as Joe called me 'A bad student', and were given a quick tour round their clothes shop (they have some gorgeous pieces in if you're ever in the area!). Although I've been to a few blogger related events, this was my biggest yet and the first one I've gone to alone (without dragging a mate along as a plus one haha) so I was incredibly anxious! Within in moments of arriving, bloggers starting pouring into the room in groups and conversation was soon flowing! 
One of the only photos I actually took myself AHAHAHAHA #badblogger
All being bloggers, everybody had something in common and so you could start a conversation with literally anyone in the room and it was absolutely brilliant! We mingled for about an hour and then we took or seats ready for the winners to be announced! I sat with three of the loveliest bloggers (Ana, Sam and Amy) that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting (see next photo) and we spent ages chatting (mainly about shoes but that's what bloggers do best!). When flicking through the event programme, we discovered that myself, Ana and Sam were all nominees in the same category! Which was lovely as we were rooting for each other! Ana was awarded Highly Commended and the winner of our category was Lily of Pint Sized Beauty
Sam, Ana and Amy! (Photo: Ana of Ravishing Roses)
Once all the awards had been dished out, it was time for the raffle in aid of Alzheimer's Research UK. And OHMYGOD it was the best raffle I have ever seen in my life! There were prizes from the likes of Pandora, Magnitone, TheBalm and Jurlique - amongst many others! As always, I didn't win anything! Although Sam was getting really excited whenever the colour of my tickets were called out hahaha! A few of us joked(!!!) that it was rigged as Jemma seemed to win almost everything ;)
Afterwards, most of us headed over to The Black Swan on Call Lane for some dinner! The staff were absolutely brilliant and seated over 40 of us and served us with no complaints or issues. We filled over half the restaurant, and the food was absolutely delicious! I got one of their sourdough pizzas and it was  soooo tasty! I had to dash off for the train towards the end, but I had a massive grin plastered across my face the whole way home. I met lots of lovely bloggers and I can't wait to see some of them again soon!
Group selfie! (Photo: @lovedbylaurac on Twitter)
I would just like to thank Hayley for organising such a brilliant event and I think she really did herself proud! I'd also like to thank all the bloggers for being so lovely and to you guys reading as I'd never have got there if it wasn't for you!

Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig