Sunday 5 June 2016

My Makeup Collection: Primers & Concealers


For the final installment of this series, I thought I would combine both primers and concealers as they are both base products, and I don't have many of either to warrant separate posts. These particular areas of my makeup collection are rather small as I have spent the last few years trialling different products, and managed to find the ones that work best for me and the ones I enjoy using. 

I'll start of talking about concealer as it is a pretty important product in my makeup collection, as it covers a whole multitude of sins - from breakouts to tired eyes, it gets me through the day looking less like an acne-prone zombie. Like I said, I have spent YEARS trying out different products, and now I think I have managed to find the best ones out there that work well with my skin. My all time favourite concealer is the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer. This is the concealer that I always have a backup tube ready and waiting for the day I run out, as it is a staple in my everyday routine. I have been using this concealer on and off since I was about 12/13, and it has been an everyday staple for the last 3 or 4 years. It boasts a 16 hour wear, and I can definitely agree that it lasts a hell of a long time. I can put this on at 6am, and it will still be pretty much intact by the time I'm taking my makeup off at around 8pm. It is super-high coverage, making a perfect option for me and I know I will use it for years to come!

A more recent addition to my collection is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. I think this is an excellent all-round concealer, and is perfect for covering up the signs of a late night. I wouldn't say it was the best in terms of coverage, but it is pretty good! This is my favourite product to take with me on the go - I always have one in my car AND in my handbag for those little touch up emergencies! I honestly couldn't be without it! The Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer is another that is great for on the go touch ups. The handy little compact comes with two different concealer shades, a mirror, a setting powder and a powder pouffe. The concealer itself is pretty heavy duty and is the one I turn to when all else fails.

In terms of primers, I'm not too fused. I mainly apply them to keep my makeup on longer. So whatever the claims of a product I'm not too fussed. I own the Body Shop All-In-One Instablur and the Body Shop Tea Tree primer, but my favourite by far is the Benefit Porefessional. It is slightly tinted so I feel it offers a bit of coverage (which I seriously need atm). But if you're on a budget then the effects of the Instablur are pretty similar!




Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pinterest

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig