Monday 2 May 2016

Life Lately

I've probably said this well over a hundred times, and so far, every time I've said it I haven't been true to my word. I keep saying that my posts will be up and running soon, but soon never seems to arrive. The odd scheduled post goes up, but my schedule is well and truly shot. I am writing this on the day of publishing, and at this moment in time, I have a billion other things that I should be doing - instead I'm writing this blog post to tell you about all the things I should be doing. I have work placement for the next four weeks, and with a 9-5 schedule as well as my university deadlines, I am exhausted to say the least. I think hectic is a bit of an understatement, but my life is absolutely crazy at the minute. I've been trying to put myself and my academic work first, and to some extent I feel 'happy'. I thought life would have quietened down by now, but again I have been proved well and truly wrong. I have one assignment deadline left to meet, and until then blogging is going to be taking a back seat. 

I'm currently five weeks away from finishing my second year at university (scary right?), and besides wondering how I've got this far, the pressure seems to be piling up. Over the next few weeks I have to submit a proposal for my major research project (aka my version of a dissertation), and above anything else - I have to think about what I want to do when I graduate. GRADUATE. I know what I want to do in life, and roughly what I need to do in order to get there, but where it all falls down is the fact that it all relies on how well I do now. This morning I got a pretty bad result on one of my assignments, not terrible (it was a 2:2 FYI) - but significantly worse than my lowest grade this year. I spent four whole weeks writing that essay pretty much 24/7, and to almost be told that it was rubbish is absolutely soul crushing. 

I may or may not be posting over the next couple of weeks, but believe me when I say that it is not because I have forgotten. I am well aware that posts aren't going up and comments aren't being replied to. But currently there physically aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. Who even needs sleep nowadays? I hope that you will stick around because I have quite a few ideas planned, all I need is the time to sit down and make the plans a reality. Come June, university will be over and I will have 6 months of freedom to get up to speed before returning in late September. Until then I will most likely be non-existent here on Charlotte Sophia Roberts. Apologies for this, but I consider the rest of my life more important than a hobby I have enjoyed for the last two years. 

As always, thank you for reading and I hope to see you soon!




Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pinterest

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig