Wednesday 22 June 2016

Two Years On: What I've Learnt

Yesterday marks my second year blogging anniversary. Whaaaaaaaat. I can't even believe I'm saying this! Two years have absolutely flown by, and there hasn't been a moment where I regretted hitting publish on that Friday afternoon. There has been the odd occasion where I've thought I'd had enough, and that I wanted to delete my blog. But then I think about what I've created, and I think why the hell would you want to delete something you've spent countless hours working on. It's funny because the other day I was sat thinking about how long ago that Friday seems, and how much I've changed over the past two years. And on Monday, the craziest thing in the world happened, and I somehow managed to hit 2000 followers. TWO THOUSAND! Madness! So in honor of these two years, I wanted to share a few tidbits and reflections. Things I’ve learned from the past two years, and what I hope to remember for the year ahead. 
  1. Sometimes the best thing you can do is to take a break.
  2. Spreadsheets are everything. How did I manage to keep myself organised over my first year? Like seriously - excel has become my best friend.
  3. Taking fashion photos on your own is bloody hard.
  4. HTML will always be terrifying and it's perfectly ok to pay someone to sort it out for you.
  5. As with anything in life, blogging will always have it's ups and downs.
  6. Blogging events are hella scary.
  7. It's good to be different.
  8. People don't get angry when you're late putting up a post because you've had one to many cocktails the night before.
  9. Blogging is a hell of a lot of work.
  10. Keep things fresh and blogging won't get boring.
  11. If something doesn't feel right, don't do it.
  12. It's nice to be nice.
  13. The blogging world is a place to grow.
  14. It's not about being the best. It's about being you.
  15. Inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes. 

How long have you been blogging?



Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pinterest

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Congratulations on 2 years and 2000 followers! I'm just coming up on 1 year and still loving blogging. I'll never forget yourself and Amy making my first blogging event a great one so thanks again x

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig