Sunday 26 June 2016

Recent Beauty Buys

I love a good beauty haul, and it's been a rather long time since I last bought anything beauty related. When I noticed I was running a little low on my moisturiser and my everyday perfume was getting dangerously low, I decided to have a little browse through Feelunique, and restocked on my moisturiser, picked up a new perfume, and generally treated myself to a few things (with my student discount obv). As I'm recently getting back into blogging, I thought this post would be nice and simple to ease my way back into things. So here we go!

Firstly, I picked up my beloved Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for Normal/Combination skin. I've used this nearly everyday for the last 2-3 years, and I can't live without it! I usually purchase the monthly deal from Liz Earle's website, but I was only low on the moisturiser so I just thought I'd pick this up. I know it works out more expensive in the long run, but I've been really trying to use up all my products and just keep what I enjoy using. Speaking of enjoying, I received a little 'try me' sample of the Juicy Couture I Am Juicy Couture perfume a while ago, and I immediately fell in love. I wouldn't usually buy something from a brand like Juicy Couture, but the perfume speaks for itself. Yes the packaging is a little too tacky for my taste, but I'll probably lose the lid in a week anyway. Plus the 30ml bottle was on offer for £18.50 so it was a win win really. 
Since we have started getting the odd few days of sun, I thought it important to pick up an SPF designed specifically for the face. I have recently read Pretty Honest by Sali Hughes, and she says it is vital that you wear a facial SPF, so after consulting with my fave beauty blogs, I picked up the La Roche Posay 50+ Anthelios XL. I have fair skin and burn like crazy, so I thought I'd take better care of my skin this summer to avoid looking like a lobster. If I do end up catching the sun a bit too much I bought the Aveda Botanical Kinetics Toning Mist. I heard Vivianna Does Makeup talk about it in a skincare video or something or other, and I thought it sounded perfect for my skin! I've used it a couple of times already and tbh save your money. It doesn't smell too nice and doesn't have any noticeable effects. #sozaveda

And finally, I caved and bought the Nuxe RĂ©ve De Miel lipbalm, and HOLY SMOKES IT'S GOOD. It is some sort of miracle worker that gives you new lips overnight. The price was the only thing that put me off but seriously, put the Vaseline in the bin and buy a pot of this - you will not regret it. I promise! Plus it looks cute on your bedside table, and tastes delicious if you're into eating lipbalm.





Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pinterest

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about that lipbalm!
    I really want to try it out!
    Nice post Charlotte! :-)

    http://snapsnpixels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig