Wednesday 13 January 2016

Treating Myself: More Charlotte Tilbury

It is no secret that I am a massive lover of Charlotte Tilbury products. Everything about her products just screams luxury. One particular evening in November, I was searching the internet for Christmas gift ideas for one or two friends and for some reason or another, I ended up on the Charlotte Tilbury website. I was eying various products up, popping them into my basket for future reference. Then whoops. I slipped and fell on my keyboard - resulting in this very expensive treat.  Now I'm all for treating myself (and you guys probably know it), but this was ridiculous even by my standards. I honestly spent about an hour hovering over the 'checkout' button, and I'm still asking myself why I did it. But nevertheless! It's done now, and I can't go back even if I wanted to (well I could have returned it but what's the fun in that?). When it arrived, I told myself I wasn't going to open it - and for once, I stuck to my guns! I wrapped it up all fancy and hid it on top of my wardrobe to be opened as a big little treat on Christmas Eve. Obviously, having ordered it over a month prior to opening it, I couldn't exactly remember what I'd ordered. So unwrapping it felt like such a treat (even if it was a slightly guilty one)! Plus I got to wear lots of sparkly new products on Christmas Day!
First up, I ordered the Matte Revolution Lipstick in 'Love Liberty' (£23). I have a fair few red lipsticks in my lipstick collection, but this is a little different from my usual go-to reds. I did write a post talking about the red lipsticks I might wear on Christmas day, but in the end I opted for this one as it looked so gorgeous! I love the formula of the Matte Revolution lipsticks as they have such incredible staying power and are perfect when you are going to be eating a meal. Keeping on with the lipstick train, I also ordered the K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in 'Bitch Perfect(£23), after Rhianna (from Robowecop) wouldn't shut up about it on her social media. I've only tried this on a couple of times as of yet, but it is the perfect everyday pink-nude! I'd not tried any of the K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipsticks before, but I knew that if it was anything like her other lipsticks I just knew I would love it!
I got the lipstick in a lip and cheek kit alongside the Chic to Chic Blush in 'Love Glow' (£30) which is a perfect berry-pink toned blush. The Chic to Chic blushes each have two different shades so you can 'swish and pop' as Charlotte calls it. You swirl your brush round the outside of the pan and blend it onto the apples of your cheeks, and then you finish off my dabbing your brush into the centre of the pan and dot the darker shade on the high points of your cheeks. Alongside the slightly shimmery formula, the two shades of blush give incredible depth to the face and make you look so much more awake! With my order I also got a free travel sized sample of the Wonderglow Primer  (Full size is £38.50), which goes perfectly with the blush! Charlotte Tilbury has suggested many ways to make use of this product, and my favourite is to use it on my cheekbones, browbone, and my cupid's bow as a highlighter. You can also use it under or mixed with your foundation to create gorgeous glowing skin!

Onto eyes, the main product I wanted to order was the Colour Coded Eyeshadow Palette in 'The Vintage Vamp' (£38). I have the Dolce Vita palette and loving wearing it on a regular basis, but I had been eying this one up to alternate with. The shadows are so rich and creamy, with intense pigments and blendability. I have been enjoying teaming it with the Full Fat Lashes 5 Star Mascara (£22) as the pair compliment each other perfectly. The mascara gives wonderful curl, volume and length to the lashes, and I have been wearing it every time I've left the house! On Christmas day, I wore them both with the Rock n Kohl eye pencil in 'Barbarella Brown', which was the perfect dream team! Continuing with eyes, another duo that made it into my shopping basket was the Nocturnal Cat Eyes To Hypnotise (£29) set featuring the Rock n Kohl eye pencil in 'Amber Moon' and the Nocturnal Cat Eyeshadow in 'The Huntress'. Both together look incredible and you can create a gorgeous smokey bronze cat-eye look.

Have you treated yourself to any new makeup recently?
Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Wow jealous doesn't even cover it - what an amazing Christmas treat! I'm dying to try a matte revolution lipstick and the Dolce Vita quad. I might go and lurk around Harvey Nicks at the weekend and do a bit of swatching! Enjoy 😊 x
    www.sarahsparkles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig