Sunday 17 January 2016

Taking A Time Out

Over the last two or so years I have experienced a lot of changes in my life. I've started university, created a blog, had some of my bestest friends move away to other cities, and generally just had my life crumble around me. And although mentally I feel absolutely fine with all this, my body has decided that life is getting too much for me to handle. I've had a constant eye twitch that has lasted the best part of 6 months, what I can only describe as morning sickness on pretty much a daily basis (without being pregnant obvs), full on mental breakdowns (which my lovely uni friends were kind enough to help me get over), and a short snappy temper that can emerge at any given time. Although one of my new year's resolutions was to make more time for myself, I haven't seen any reduction to my stress levels despite working so hard to reduce them. I've tried apps to reduce anxiety, colouring books, relaxing music, reading, meditation, yoga... - everything I could possible think of! I know we aren't that far into the year, and I have seen myself feeling a bit more relaxed over the last couple of weeks, so I will continue to dedicate that little bit of time for myself everyday.

Although I don't actually feel stressed or anxious, and I have absolutely no reason to be as I have no assignments or deadlines to meet or anything. But being a psychology undergraduate, I know how detrimental stress can be to your health (I'm taking death here people), and I'm really starting to worry about my general health and wellbeing. And I'm not being a hypochondriac, I am seriously worried. Obviously I have to put myself first over everything, so under the circumstances I have decided to take a month or so off from blogging (and a few other things) in the hopes that my body can relax. This doesn't mean that no blog posts will go up; I will try and get plenty scheduled so I am still here whilst not really being here if that makes sense? And at the end of the day, I started blogging as a hobby, and at this moment in time I need to focus on myself rather than worrying about getting posts up on time. 

So until further notice, I am out of office... Dreaming of a holiday in the Caribbean, and cocktails on tap. Fingers crossed posts will go up as normal - but my blog comments, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. will be pretty much abandoned (sorry!). I'll let you know when I'm back in business, and I hope a break will hit the refresh button and bring with it lots of fresh ideas for content. 


Apologies for abandoning you - I hope you understand!

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you soon!
Love Charlotte x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Completely understandable, I think it's really healthy to periodically take breaks. Enjoy and relax!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig