Tuesday 9 December 2014

Prime Time

Primers. Fairly old news for makeup artists and professionals, but a new and exciting cult product for everyone else. 


Being a student, I find that I wear makeup regularly for long periods of time. I apply it at 7am and it often has to last nearly 12 hours with minimal touching up.
Now I don't know about you, but when I get home I often look in the mirror and think "how long have I looked this bad?" as I look at the mascara dotted under my eyes, concealer and foundation sliding off my face and my t-zone being so shiny I could see myself in it. 
Eventually I got fed up. 

I had heard amazing reviews on The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser and decided to try it. 

Now, I don’t worry about visible pores or oily skin but recently I’ve noticed that my nose has been getting rather shiny and I thought the mattifying aspect of this would help.
It really helped smooth out the skin surface and made my makeup last considerably longer than it did before.
I wouldn't wear this over my entire face as my combination skin would then look dry in some places, but instead I apply it on my t-zone.

The YouTube and blogging community went crazy over this when it was released, and at first I didn't believe the hype. But eventually caved into buying it. Initially I was shocked by the price. I mean £14 for a tiny tube? Tad expensive. But on a summer 3 for 2 and with my student discount it worked out considerably cheaper. 

The first time I used this I was so surprised with the texture! It looked so lumpy, but I applied it anyway and was amazed! It was literally blurring my skin. I was so impressed! 
It balances the oils out on the face, giving a semi-matte finish so, for me, is highly preferable to the Tea Tree Pore Minimiser which gives a matte finish. 



What primers do you recommend? 



Thanks for reading!

Love Charlotte x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig