Tuesday 2 December 2014

Beauty Blunders #2



I'm a massive fan of Soap & Glory full stop. However their makeup range is really great quality, and their Kick Ass Concealer, Thick And Fast Mascara and Glow All Out Luminizing Powder feature in my daily makeup regime. When I saw their Peach Party Multi-Colour Blush Brick in Apricot Jam, I thought I was going to love it too. I've always wanted to buy one of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks but, I just didn't think I'd use it enough to warrant the splurge. 

And I am so glad I didn't! 
Although it looks truly beautiful, when the colours are swirled together and applied on the cheeks it makes me look like I haven't had a bath in 4 months. It just made me look dirty. Even without using the copper shade, the product just didn't look right on me. My skin tone is more suited to berry shades and I know not to experiment in that department from here on out.
I also found that the blush didn't blend well and looked far from natural on my cheeks. 

Although I am disappointed at the fact I had pretty much wasted £11, I am so glad I didn't shell out to buy the Bobbi Brown one at nearly £35!
To make use of the product, in hope I hadn't wasted all my money, I have been using the copper colour as an eyeshadow through my crease and the palest colour to highlight the inner corners of my eye. 


I have heard some good reviews on this, yet I was highly disappointed. Have you tried this? Do you like it or is it just me being cynical?

Thanks for reading! 

Love Charlotte x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig