Tuesday 30 December 2014

December Favourites

Now this monthly favourites post is rather special (well as special as a monthly favourites post can be), as many of these products I have used daily for the entire year. So it's sort of a yearly favourites AND monthly favourites combined. 


What I have been loving.. 

Real Techniques Multi Task Brush
This really is a multitask brush! I use it for everything - powder, blusher, bronzer, highlighter, THE LOT!
The reason it's so great for everything is it's denser bristles. This means that it gives buildable coverage, meaning for all you less light-handed ladies, you won't end up looking like an ummpa-lumpa. Giving you a beautiful finish to your makeup.

Clinique Perfume Rollerball - Happy

Now do I need to tell you about this perfume again? We all know it has been in several posts before (here and here at least!). However this little rollerball is perfect for slipping into my clutch bag for those numerous events over the festive period.
I have had this for sometime as I received it in a set last Christmas, and it is close to running out now and I am unable to find it to buy alone. 

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Ruby Woo

This is a love/hate product amongst the blogging community. I myself am a lover and as December is a 'festive' month I have found myself reaching for it more and more. 
I only really wear this on nights out and the odd formal occasion as it is perfect fot the classic red lip look. It is certainly a colour you would steer clear of during the day. It is a true matte lipstick and for those with dryer lips, a proper lip care routine is vital before attempting to wear this (exfoliation and lip balm). 

Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush

This lovely brush happens to be my favourite eyeshadow brush. Hence it being in my favourites post. It is part of the travel essentials kit. Forget the travel, its one of my life's essentials! It is however, impossible to buy on its own. But for those wanting to try it out without buying the kit, the Shading Brush is very similar, just a tad smaller. 
It is the perfect size and shape and great for an all round job - both all over colour and crease work! Occasionally I even use it to blend my under eye concealer. Its a great multi-tasker. 



Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Liner - Black Glamour
Before trying this, I used to use a Barry M liquid liner which was absolutely dreadful but I kept re-buying it anyway. But after trying this a couple of years ago, I have almost 'perfected' the cat eye flick. 
No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow Trio - Good Earth
Now this is an oldie for me! For years I have used the matte brown shade to fill in my eyebrows. But only recently have I begun using the other shades in the palette. I use the shimmery white shade to highlight under my brow bone for added definition.  But most recently I have been using the shimmer brown through my crease paired with 'Vanilla' all over the lid from Soap & Glory's lid stuff range.

Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara - Superjet Black
This is my all time favourite mascara! Its great for giving you fuller, longer and natural looking lashes. This mascara didn't make my eyelashes clumpy or stick together in ways you don't want, and despite being warned of it's drying time, I found it set on my lashes fairly quickly! 

Fearne Cotton Nail Polish - Golden Touch (Christmas Limited Edition)
This is the ultimate rose gold nail polish. When I was around 10 I had one similar that I thought was the 'bees knees'. As soon as December started I would have it painted on my toe nails religiously until the 1st of January. One November I went to repurchase it and found it discontinued. You can imagine how my poor heart was broken. But a few years ago I found this little gem which has taken its place for the years 



What have you been enjoying this month?

Thanks for reading!

Love Charlotte x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. hey there!!!

    Lovely blog post my dear !!
    Amazing

    I love your blog it's lovely


    Would mean so much to see you on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jade

    Have a good day !

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jade! Happy New Year! X

      Delete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig