Thursday 1 January 2015

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye!


2014 has really been the year of change for me. So much has happened! From turning 18 and leaving college to passing my driving test and starting university. I will look back on this last year with the fondest of memories.
I even started my blog this year which was one of the things I told myself I wanted to do last new years eve. 

(From left - right, top - bottom)

As I have previously mentioned in a blog post, some friends and I went to the German Christmas Market a few weeks agi. It was the first time I had ever been even though every year I say I want to go. Although the market itself was pretty rubbish (come on Leeds City Council!) I really enjoyed the day I'd spent with my friends.

Turning 18 was a pretty big deal this year. I recieved some lovely presents and was thoroughly spoilt! I was able to spend time with the ones I love - be it friends or family. 

Leaving college was one of the biggest changes I've ever experienced. I got to sign the famous leavers wall which documents over 5 years of students. Pictured with me is my bestest friend Jamie with whom I have shared every minute with and together we signed the wall that we've walked past and looked at for years. 

Last year (2013) I attend over a dozen concerts, but during 2014 I went to 1. One. Uno. Un. The Kooks. I have been listening to The Kooks since I was 7 years old and to see them live is always a pleasure. Lets hope the next time is as good as the last few!

With leaving college and signing the wall comes the traditional end of year leavers ball! One of the few times in life where we have an excuse to get dressed up. Although this was back in June, it only seems like it was 2 minutes ago! 

This photo was from the time me and two of my best friends decided to do a photoshoot at the beach. We were catching a 5am train and one of the friends (who was also driving us to the train station) slept in and we ended up sprinting to catch the train. We got on and the doors shut behind us. Being up so early meant that we were wanting fish and chips by 10am! 


During college I was lucky enough to be have been placed in a form with one of the loveliest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We have been friends for 7 years and I am so glad we were in the same form together. I literally I had nobody else. 


Another photo from the leavers ball with two of my gorgeous girlies! The girl on the left I have been best friends with since I was 3 years old and we still keep in regular contact. Feel so blessed to have been gifted with such wonderful friends!


Back in April I managed to pass my driving test first time! I remember having butterflies and wanting to run out of the car. After I finished my test, I went back to college. When I got into my lesson my class were all in silence and then when my friend Eilish saw me smiling she screamed so loudly it made everybody jump! Nobody else in the room knew I was taking my test so they seemed quite petrified by the screaming!


I couldn't have got through the last two years if it wasn't for the people in this picture. They have put up with me and I know for a fact they are the bestest friends anyone could ask for. They stayed when everyone else left and accepted me as my crazy old self. We talk all the time even though we all live all over the country and meet up as regularly as possible. I couldn't have  done anything over the last year if it wasn't for them. 


Here they are again! (well minus Sarah) the best group of people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. 


The girl in this image, and the next is my bestest friend in the entire world and words cannot describe how much I love her. She stays with me through thick and thin and never holds anything back. I am so happy that we both chose to go to the same university as without her (and you Fern) I would have almost certainly have dropped out by now. I wish you all the luck in 2015 and cannot wait to make some more amazing memories with you.


I organised and shot many photoshoots over 2014 and would like to give a massive thank you to the two ladies pictured with me here. They, amongst others (looking at you Hollie)were kind enough to let me stick a camera in their face, take them to strange and often dangerous places and then get them to wear some of the most ridiculous outfits. Without them I would never have been able to passed my photography course and get into university so to them I am eternally grateful.


I was kindly asked to go see Dirty Dancing live on tour by these lovely girls at university. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and hope that they will continue to get to know me over the next few years I have at university. 


I went to visit my aunty and cousin in Gloucestershire during the summer and I had a lovely weekend getaway seeing what Gloucester has to offer. 


2014 has truly been the year to remember and I would love to thank everybody I hold dearly for making it what it was. 


All the best for 2015!


Happy New Year!


Love Charlotte x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig