Saturday 17 January 2015

Light It Up

If you read my best of 2014 post, you'll know that last year was really a year of experimentation for me. I started wearing types of products that I'd steered clear for pretty much my entire makeup wearing life. One of these was highlighters.

If you’re a fan of subtlety when it comes to wearing highlighters (like me) and you’re into creamy, blendable products then there’s no reason why you wouldn’t love the NARS Illuminator in Copacabana. Out of my selection, this one comes up trumps looking the most natural. It gives that natural finish whilst still saying ‘hello I’m here’. It isn't one of the cheapest options out there so if you're on more a limited budget you may want to take a look at the No7 Skin Illuminator Radiance Boosting Beauty Fluid which is a good dupe at an even better price.  Being cream textures, the shine-level depends on how much you use and how much you blend it out, but for me these are more of a day time highlight as they look a lot more natural.

On more of an evening/night out basis these are what I reach for the most. As an all-over powder/highlighter hybrid the Soap and Glory Glow All Out Luminising Face Powder is fab. There’s a slight iridescence to it, that when lightly applied to the whole face it doesn’t make me look like I just rolled in glitter. It adds a glow and if I want to concentrate it on the cheek I go in a little heavier. 

My most recent purchase is the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow. Now I have long lusted after this classic and I must say the packaging was one of the reasons why. Who could resist the stunning art deco inspired casing? It’s a tad lighter in tone than the others so is perhaps one for paler gals to look into. 



Got any recommendations of your own? 
Would love to know what you use!


Thanks for reading!

Love Charlotte x

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love your photography (: I just recently bought one of The Body Shop's shimmer strips. It gives a great blush colour, and also highlights. It really brightens your skin!

    <a href="http://happysince95.blogspot.ca>Home</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I'll check that one out! Thank you! X

      Delete
  2. really want the charlotte tilbury bronze and glow! looks so beautiful!

    http://oliviaandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it! I saved up for song long haha!

      Delete
  3. The Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow is just so beautiful, desperate to try it!
    Check out my blog:

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go sample it at a counter! The formulation is just perfect!

      Delete
  4. Some great photography! Enjoy the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow its definitely worth the purchase. Benefit also do really good highlighters if you're looking for another one try High Beam.

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check out your recommendation! Haven't really tried many Benefit products before so I will make sure to go into Benefit soon! X

      Delete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig