Tuesday 18 November 2014

The Reading List

Something that really helps me relax is reading. I enjoy being able to loose myself in a good book. 
Now just like my music taste, my taste in books is also very diverse. As you may be able to tell. 


Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy by Helen Fielding
I know I am extremely late to the game, considering that the first in series of books was published in 1994. However, in September I read Bridget Jones' Diary (followed immediately by The Edge Of Reason) and absolutely loved it. It was such an easy read and I couldn't help but compare myself to Bridget!

Paper Towns by John Green 
I have just finished reading Looking For Alaska and like all his books, I never wanted to put it down! (There was also tears, as always with John Green) His books are a must read for all young adults as they are so relatable even though they aren't it that makes sense? 

If I Stay by Gayle Forman 
I first heard about this from Sanne (of Books&Quills), and immediately wanted it from the way she described it. It was bought over the summer with about 20 other books and is slowly making its way to the top of the pile.

The Sound And The Fury by William Faulkner
Have you ever bought a book simply because it has a beautiful cover? Well I have. This one. Ugggh swoon! The actual book is about how a family slowly falls apart due to hate and self-centredness. And though broken narratives, Faulkner explores their relationship. 

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
My sister owns a copy of this book but was reluctant to lend me her copy, so I bought my own. And I must say, my copy is prettier than hers. Although this might not be everyones cup of tea, I really want to read about it as I kinda like depressing books. And this one certainly is that as it tells a woman's story as she slowly sinks into depression.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
When the film came out last year, I told myself I wouldn't watch it until I had read the book. So as a treat I bought myself a copy last christmas, and unfortunately it is still waiting to be read. 

Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austin
Recently, I have been slowly trying to read more 'classic' novels in order to prepare me for the language used in Pride And Prejudice. I have been meaning to buy this for quite sometime, but was donated this beautiful hardback copy by my Grandma who was having a clear out in her library (yes she has a room full of books and yes I am totally jealous). 


What books are you enjoying at the moment?
Thanks for reading!

Love Charlotte x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love your book choices! Haven´t read 'The Bell Jar' yet, but I might give it ago! :)
    Have a lovely day,
    Marie x
    www.xwherewelivex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still on my list unfortunately! Although I have read a few on my list! X

      Delete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig