Wednesday 31 August 2016

Making A Statement

Generally, on a day to day basis, I like to keep my makeup quite simple. Although it's not minimal, I tend to only wear basics. After all, who has time to apply a smoky eye and all that jazz at 6am on a Monday morning (#notme). But every so often I like to reach for something that makes more of a statement. Even when making a statement I like to keep it simple, by wearing a brighter lipstick or adding winged liner. It's very rare that you'd get me doing something that requires much effort, I'm a fuss free kinda gal, so here are my statement beauty essentials for the lazy girl.
Lipstick // Lipstick is one of the easiest ways to make a statement, and with so many brands to choose from, there is a shade and a formula to suit everyone. Personally I think the best statement making formula to opt for is matte. It doesn't matter about the shade, but there is something classic about a matte lipstick. Mattes are making a comeback and there are so many formulations, so even if you think you can't wear matte - there is one out there somewhere. If your lips are on the drier side, try out a products along the lines of the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams or the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks. 

Eyes // Again, it is super easy to make a statement through eye makeup. There are so many options - eyeliner, eyeshadow, false eyelashes, mascara etc. I've written this before on my blog, but I hate (and I mean hate) false eyelashes. I just can't apply them properly, and although I can apply them to a decent standard, I just don't find them comfortable. My go-to eye look when making a bit more effort than usual, is a shimmery brown eyeshadow, built up on top of another shimmery brown eyeshadow, complete with winged liner and enough coats of mascara to make even an eskimo sweat. 

Cheeks // I have a rather new found love for throwing a bit of blush, bronzer, and highlighter on my cheeks. It just helps you put a bit more put together, and is such an easy way to make a bit of a statement without being too cliché. My current favourite blush is the Japonesque Velvet Touch Blush in 'Shade 3' - it is such a gorgeous pink shade and is perfect for summer! In terms of bronzer and highlighter, my obsession with the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Go duo still continues and I highly recommend for all those fellow pasty faced girls. 

Nails // You don't have to paint your nails bright red in order to make a statement. Even a simple nude polish can make a statement in it's own way. Dusky pinks, greys, mauves are my go to for standard day to day wear, and if I'm completely honest I can't always be bothered to repaint them just to make a statement. When I can be bothered and really want to make a little more of a statement I will go for a classic red or some non-descript berry shade. My favourite polishes for all occasions come from Essie and my current go-tos include 'Eternal Optimist', 'In Stitches', and 'Maximillian Strasse Her'. 

How do you like to make a statement?



Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pinterest
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love to make a statement with my eyes and with my nails. I'm a fan of bright oranges, greens and blues with my nails. I also don't mind rocking a smokey eye on a nice summers day. I like expressing my emotions with my products!

    Anjna Harish 

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig