Wednesday 27 July 2016

The 5 Books You Should Read Right Now

 My love for reading has been well documented during my time blogging, and over the last year or so I have read some truly influential books. Nothing beats finding a book that changes your outlook on life, so today I have rounded up the books that I have recently taken something from. I hope that you can enjoy them as much as I have, and if not I hope that you are able to find other books that impact your lives in the same way that these have impacted mine. 
Calm: Calm The Mind, Change The World - Michael Acton Smith // Although there isn't really much to read in this book, it is has had a massive impact on my life recently. I struggle a lot with anxiety and a quick flick through this book every now and again really helps me to calm myself down (no pun intended). I was recently chatting with a friend about this book, and we both agreed that is great to flick through at the end of a stressful day. It has a highly interactive element, and makes an excellent coffee table book if you're into that sort of thing. 

Yes Please - Amy Poehler // To be completely honest I don't know why I even bought this in the first place. I've watched Amy Poehler in many of her TV programmes and films, and as much as I adore her, I wouldn't say that I'm completely obsessed with her. But I'm so glad that I did pick it up as it is jam packed full of Amy's hilarious life experiences. It is a lighthearted, easy read that covers a wide range of topics, and can make you think about the way you handle certain situations.

The Life Changing Magic Of Tidying - Marie Kondo // I learnt a lot from this book. It gave me the encouragement and motivation needed for me to sort my life out. I didn't even get through the first chapter without feeling the urge to whip out the vacuum cleaner. It has changed my outlook on living, making me a tidier and more organised person, and has ultimately made me want to stay this way.  

Sparks Joy - Marie Kondo // It's no surprise that two of Marie Kondo's books have made it onto my list of influential reads. I read the other book over Christmas, and I purchased this one as soon as it became available for pre-order. Although there aren't many differences between the first and second book, they touch on the same topics in slightly different ways and I feel as though you have to read the former to appreciate this book. This particular book focuses on Marie's tidying methods and includes lots of handdrawn illustrations depicting her methods. It allows you to see her methods in action, so you can implement them into your own lifestyle. 

Reasons To Stay Alive - Matt Haig // I think I may have mentioned this book on my blog before, but it honestly deserves as many mentions as it gets. My sister is a diagnosed depressive, and it was so interesting to read about the perspective of somebody has gone through the same thing. Whether you, or someone you know suffers from mental health issues, this book provides an insight into what goes on in someone's head. It is an exceptionally short book, but what it lacks in words, it makes up for in meaning. It will make a huge impact on your life, and will make you feel grateful to be alive.  





Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pinterest


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Thank you for sharing some great suggestions will check them out

    Beauty Candy Loves
     

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig