Wednesday 23 September 2015

An Updated Reading List


It's been a while since I shared my last reading list. Infact, I believe I last posted one in December last year? Well… now I have a few different books lined up on my bedside table. I've been really into inspirational reads a lot recently. I've read pretty much every blog post on offer, so I decided to switch over onto books! I know I'm pretty late to the game but I finally picked up Amy Poehler's 'Yes Please'. It seemed like nearly every blogger in existence owned a copy of this book - you couldn't look at an Instagram post without it being featured or used as a background prop. But when browsing the 3 books for £10 offer section on Amazon, I decided to pick it up and see what all the hype was about! I've only had a brief flick through, and there are some adorable photos of Amy as a child in it - I can't wait to read it! 

Alongside 'Yes Please', I picked up 'Not That Kind Of Girl' by Lena Dunham. I'm pretty certain that I haven't heard or seen this mentioned anywhere. But I loved the cover and it sounded like it was going to be an interesting, easy read (I'm not going to lie, I mainly bought it for the cover). It is described as being a collection of autobiographical essays and stories written by Lena, mentioning her experiences with dieting, fashion, friendship and existential crises. I think it will be a must-have read for all young women, but I will try and keep you posted with how I get on with reading it! I have currently read the first few chapters and it is sheer comic brilliance! It certainly put my life into perspective! I will say that it isn't for the 'prudes' *checks Google to see actual definition, finds definition perfect, inserts word into post* out there as it is a little graphic at times - but it certainly is a nice easy read!

My sister recently bought an 'adult' colouring book and it has some really beautiful designs in it. I bought this one of the 3 for £10 offer along with the last two. When I ordered it, I didn't realise it was going to be so small. I was actually shocked when it arrived. I thought it was going to be about A4 size like I know the majority of colouring books to be. But In fact it's about half the size. Which is certainly handing for taking with you on the go! It may help keep me entertained on my commutes to university this year! Although it technically isn't a reading book, it is still a book so you can see why I've included it in this list! 

I've heard great things about Rainbow Rowell, but again, I simply chose this book based on the beautiful cover. I'm not really a fan of hardback books, but when they are miles cheaper than the paperback editions you can't really complain. Landline is supposed to be a tale about a couple in their thirties who get the chance to look back in time with the help of a magic phone. A. Magic. Phone. This sounds like its going to be a super easy and interesting read so I can't wait to get into it!

Finally, the one I'm most excited to start reading! I first read To Kill A Mockingbird in 2013 and fell completely in love with it! So when I heard that Harper Lee was writing a follow up, I was like a child on Christmas Day! As soon as it went up for pre-order I was right on the bandwagon - ordering it within minutes of it becoming available on Amazon. In preparation for it arriving I even re-read To Kill A Mocking Bird, so when it landed on my doorstep I was over the moon! I got about 10 pages in before life got in the way. But will certainly be reading it first out of this lot!

What books have you been reading lately? I'm hoping to get through at least one a week on my commutes! Leave me your recommendations! Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x
SHARE:

1 comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig