Wednesday 15 July 2015

10 Things I Would Tell My Younger Self

If you could go back in time and have a talk with a younger version of yourself, what would you say? Would you tell them what or what not to do? What's going to happen in the future? Or would you just tell them to carry on as they are? If I got to sit down with a younger version of myself, I think I would tell her to carry on as she is. She turns out all right and her experiences (even the bad ones) shape her into the strong, independent young woman she is today. I would however offer a few tips as I know she doesn't like big surprises!

1. First up, I'd tell her to bin the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and move onto liquid foundations as soon as possible. I know that's a bit cliché, but I don't think I realised how bad it was for my skin. At the time I thought it was the 'bees knees' and used it for years. 

2. A lot of people will tell you that you aren't good enough, that you can't do can't do something. And each and every time you will prove them all wrong. Like when your head of year in sixth form will say 'You won't be able to get into university as your grades won't be good enough', then you work your ass off and get offers from some of the best universities in the UK. 

3. I know it seems cool to have everyone and their pet cat as friends on Facebook, but when you delete them in 2012 you will feel so much happier with yourself. All the judge people will just slip away into the background and after a while you won't even remember them. 

4. When you know who questions why you like to wear cute dresses all the time, don't get upset and revert to wearing jeans and leggings all the time. Flaunt your dresses, it will save you a lot of self confidence issues in your late teens. #hatersgonnahate

5. At some point around your 16th birthday, the majority of your so called 'best friends' will stop talking to you for no apparent reason. This will hurt at first and to be completely honest it will bug you for years why they did it. But you need to learn that you are going to lose people, get your heart broken, feel alone and depressed sometimes. And remember, for every bad thing that happens, there is a good thing just waiting around the corner and from this you will develop some of the best friendships that you could ever dream of having. 

6. Your first year of university won't be all that you expected. You won't get on with your flat mates or many other people for that matter, and you'll feel lonely a lot of the time. But don't drop out because you will develop a whole new level of independence and you will finish your first year a much better person. And remember, you have the bestest friends back home to run to if things go wrong. 

7. Your blue mascara should go in the bin right now. In fact, don't even waste your money on it. It will NEVER look good on you. End of.

8. You can't please everyone so don't even bother trying. Just do what ever the hell you want when you want. Please yourself!

9. Never grow up - it's a trap. I know getting older gives you more responsibility. But there comes a point where you have so much responsibility you can't cope. Theres bills, student loans, rent, feeding yourself all sorts. Nobody told you that when you dreamed of being an adult so you could eat what you want and decide on your own bedtime. 

10. And finally, don't get on at your mum so much. She works hard to support you and all you do is get on at her. Tell her you love her more often and help out once in a while. 

What would you say to yourself if you had the chance?
Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x
Like this post? Follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with all my posts! Link in the sidebar!


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I can't believe your best friends treated you that way, that's absolutely horrible.. But at least we move on from these friendships and find ones that really matter (and then hold on to them forever) I totally had blue mascara too oh my goodness, nostalgia.. I think this is such a cute post, totally related to it! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I got over it though! Thank you lovely! X

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post, seen it on few blogs already and looove reading them. Looking back there's sooo many things I'd 'advice' myself but hey we wouldn't be who we are today without making some 'mistakes' :)

    Simee | Cup Of Simee ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post! I like to write things like this every once in a while in my diary, maybe I will do a similar post on my blog one day :)

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should! I enjoy reading them! X

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig