Tuesday 2 September 2014

August Favourites

Hello there! Guess what?


Its that time of the month again! (Eww no.. the other time), so grab a cup of tea, take a seat and let me talk about all the things I have been loving throughout the month of August.


Bath and body

I love lush! I mean, who does't?! But you have to admit that it's something you never really tend to buy for yourself. But having had my birthday fairly recently, I have plenty to talk about with you!


Aswell as some loose bits and bats, I was given this lovely 'Rosie' gift set (I'm sorry I can't seem to find a link for this box - maybe try having a look in store). 

I often find the gift sets a great way to try out new products that you may not have necessarily picked up yourself. 



This particular gift box contains 4 products - 2 bubble bars, 1 bath bomb and a body conditioner. 



(from top left going clockwise)




First up don't make the mistake that I did and use it as a normal body butter (Read the instructions first!). The product specifically says to apply it to damp skin in the shower and wash it off. This made the product for me as I hate the whole process of waiting around for body butters and whatnot to sink in so you can get on with your day. 
This product contains argan oil, various nut oils and butters (such as shea and cocoa) which help leave your skin as smooth my Dad's dance moves. 
I tend to leave this product on the skin for a few minutes before washing off to ensure all the goodness has time to get to work and sink into my skin. The smell of this product is beautiful and lingers on the skin for quite some time after showering. It has a slight nutty smell - showing the high quality ingredients that go into all Lush products. I personally like this smell, but please go give it a sniff before you bin it off as a bad product.



Oh my goodness. The smell! Words cannot describe how good this smells! Now every blogger knows how hard it is to describe scents but here we go.. It has a very strong rose scent (so I can understand if people don't like this product for that reason) mixed with citrusy undertones. 
Now you may think I am exaggerating when I say my bath was FULL of bubbles. But no word of a lie. It was like being in one of those films where someone accidentally puts too much washing powder in a washing and they fill the room (I digress). I used half the bar in my bath and this was enough to create plenty of bubbles (you can use the whole bar but I like to savour the products for a long as possible). 

Product 3 - Rose Jam Bubble Bar
Although I am not a Lush newbie, I haven't until recently tried a 'bubble bar'. This being the first, was one to set the bar for the other thousands of bubble bars out there. 
Again, this product is rose scented so approach with caution. But I find these scents to be spa-like and pampering.
Unlike product 4, this bubble bar leaves your skin feeling and looking like heaven! It is made with coconut oil and shea butter so is extra nourishing and is a treat to pamper the skin. 


For some strange reason I neglected to read the description before 'chucking' it into my bath. So you can imagine my face when I discovered lots of lovely flower petals floating in my bath water. I was blown away. It also left the water a lovely shade of pink which I was very pleased with. 


The only bad thing about thing bath bomb is that, unlike others I've previously tried, it didn't leave my skin very nourished. Now I'm not saying that it was a bad product, au contraire. It was very pleasant to use. It just didn't hydrate and pamper my skin. 

All in all, I probably wouldn't rush straight out to buy another, however, if I did repurchase it - I would use it alongside a bath oil of some kind to ensure my skin was kept pampered. 

Makeup

Now I feel that everybody who says that they love makeup must own at least 1 M.A.C product. I own 2. So I clearly fit into that category. 
I don't feel the need to use 'premium' branded makeup when you can get drugstore products that can give the same results, if not better. 
I bought this lipstick to wear to my sixth form leaver's ball, and I received so many compliments!
Its is from the 'amplified' range of lipsticks. The name (red balloon) suggests that the lipstick is a typical red shade. However, it is a lovely bright fuchsia colour with red undertones. 
I use the lipstick with the Clinique lip liner in 'Perfect Warmth' - which I believe is now discontinued *cries*. On the night of my leaver's ball, I wore the lipstick for 7 hours and it needed only 1 touchup after eating. So I'll say that the lipstick has good staying power. 
I felt the lipstick was creamy, hydrating and was opaque in one coat. For best results, I recommend using a lip brush in order to really work the lipstick into your lips in order to achieve maximum staying power. 


If M.A.C is not in your budget - Revlon's 'Fuchsia Shock' is a good dupe!

Music

In June 2013, I stumbled across a little singer-songwriter called Josh Record (yes that is his real name!). Over the last few months, I have watched him grow as a musician and sell out his own shows all around the world. 
In July of this year, he released his debut album - Pillars
I had been waiting weeks for it to be released! And since receiving the CD version in the post I haven't stopped listening! 

I was incredibly lucky to get my hands on a signed copy! And this album has immediately worked its way to the top of my favourite albums in history list. 


My favourite song is 'pictures in the dark'. 


What have you been enjoying this month?


Thanks for reading!



Love Charlotte x
SHARE:
© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig