Sunday 20 November 2016

An Ode To Pink Blush

It feels wrong writing this post at this point in the year, when pink toned blushers were made for the spring and summer months. I've been reaching for blushers a little more recently. With the cold weather setting in, I've found my skin looking a little dull and blush has added a little glow to my complexion. So today I thought I'd share my top picks with you!

Taking a peek inside my blush drawer, the majority of my blushers are pink toned. Some of those edge more towards the berry side of things, but they are pink toned nonetheless. My current favourite pick is the Charlotte Tilbury Chic To Chic Blush in 'Love Glow'. This two toned blush provides a variety of looks from just one tiny (but actually quite big) compact. You are supposed to 'swish and pop', but you can use one shade or the other, or a combination of the two! 4 looks in one product makes the price a little more bearable. If your budget doesn't quite stretch to Charlotte Tilbury, then the No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in 'Soft Damson' is perfect. This was my first ever blush and I've lost count of the number of pans I've gone through over the years as I wear it almost every day. 

If you're looking for something with more of a berry tone, I cannot recommend the NARS Powder Blush in 'Sin' enough. The pigmentation, the formula, the shade range. BEAUTIFUL. And maybe a slightly better option for this time of year? Maybe. Another longstanding favourite is the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in 'Cherub'. I just love the formula! I should probably wear this so much more than I actually do, but I've been reaching for it a lot more recently as it is perfect for when my skin edges more towards the drier side. Another one that's perfect for when my skin gets a little drier is the Clinique Cheek Pop in 'Berry Pop'.  It has a cream to powder formula making it absolutely perfect for the winter weather, and although this particular shade doesn't scream 'winter' I just can't help but reach for it when I'm missing the summer sun. 

And finally, the most recent addition to my collection, the Japonesque Velvet Touch Blush in 'Shade 3' is a current favourite of mine. I remember being so shocked the first time I applied this as it is SO pigmented! It's probably one of the most pigmented blushers I own! Plus the packaging is completely gorgeous so obviously it appealed to me on an aesthetic level! 



Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig