Sunday 24 April 2016

My Makeup Collection: The Setting Powders

I've been putting off this post in the series as I think powders are soooooo boring. Although I use them on a daily basis I don't tend to bother splashing out so they are pretty similar, and aren't really too interesting to write about - but I thought I can't not include them as they occupy a whole drawer in my collection. Plus, some of you may be in the market for a new powder so this post is mainly here for you to browse. I have a couple of powders as I keep one in my handbag, one in my car and then have the ones I apply at home when I'm getting ready. I've used various different powders for years, one of the first makeup items I started wearing as a teen was a little powder compact from Boots to keep that shine at bay. Despite having used a ton of powders of the years, I only really repurchase the ones in this post as I deem them the best for my skin type at this moment in time. From illuminating powders, to mattifying marvels, I have a couple to show you - and here we are...

For a quick fix I like to use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, I have a couple of these in slightly different shades and these are the ones I generally take out on the go. They aren't really practical as they don't have a mirror or anything, but I like this for touching up throughout the day. I've been using it for nearly six years so it has to have something good about it right? If I'm going somewhere and want a mirror in my bag as well, I use the Soap and Glory One Heck Of A Blot powder. I freakin' love this powder! It is one of my all time favourites. Nowadays I tend to sway towards more translucent powders as in my opinion they give a much better finish and look less cakey on the skin. Plus it's super lightweight so your skin can breath making it a perfect fit when wearing makeup over the summer.

If my skin is looking a little lack-lustre, I like to use the Sleek Luminous Powder as it has a slight shimmer running through it. Nothing major - it won't leave you looking like a unicorn or Edward Cullen, but it does give you a little glow that can be well appreciated in the winter months! And as for my everyday go-to face powder, the Maybelline Matte Maker powder is my all time favourite. It used to me known as the Dream Matte Powder, but they changed the name and packaging last year. I find it gives the perfect amount of mattifyingness (yes I know that's not a real word), without looking cakey or unnatural.


What is your favourite powder at the moment?

Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig