Saturday 28 June 2014

Morning Skincare Routine


The products! 

We are now officially in summer! Wahoo! When it comes to my skincare routine I try to keep it fairly simple in the warmer months of the year and allow my skin to breathe properly.


When it comes to cleansing in the morning, I use the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean cleanser to refresh the skin and rinse away any dirt or oil that may have appeared during the night. The information on the product recommends using it on an evening (which I sometimes do if I haven't worn any makeup during the day), however, I prefer to use it in the morning as the minty/peach scent is lovely to wake me up when I'm feeling tired and it provides a nice clean base if I plan to wear makeup. When I first started using this cleanser, I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin, it helped clear blemishes and with continued use my skin has kept fairly clear. 


Peaches and Clean - Soap and Glory - RRP £8.00




After rinsing, I use the Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It facial scrub every 2-3 days to remove dead skin and keep my face looking healthy and radiant. This scrub can be harsh for some skin types, however it is perfect for me and over the last month or so, I have noticed a huge improvement. Old acne scars have almost disappeared with regular use! The scrub also doubles as a mask. You leave it on your skin for 2 minutes after scrubbing and it sets slightly. I use a muslin cloth (from Liz Earle, but you can by them in lots of places) to remove the scrub as I find it less messy than using water. 

If I have any blemishes, or my skin looks particularly dull, I follow up with the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic using it in place of a toner. This refreshes my skin leaving it feeling extra clean and looking radiant. If the weather is extra warm, I keep it in the fridge and use it as a cool treat for my skin throughout the day. 

I then use the Aloe Protective Serum from The Body Shop (another Essiebutton recommendation) as my skin can get quite dehydrated (the joys of having combination skin). I use this underneath my daily moisturiser and it's purpose is to help the moisturiser absorb into the deeper layers of skin to keep it hydrated. 

Aloe Protective Serum - The Body Shop - £11.00

Finally (yes we got there in the end), I use the Olay Essentials Complete Care Day Cream for sensitive skin. I use this as it is super moisturising and has SPF 15 - which is important because I spend the majority of the summer looking like a lobster. 

Olay Essentials Complete Care Day Cream - RRP £9.99
That completes my morning skin care routine! 
Thanks for reading!


Love Charlotte x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig